As a fitness enthusiast, home gym owner, and a successful importer/exporter of fitness equipment, I know it all. Well, I am not trying to be boastful in my late thirties, but I am simply stating the facts.
Given my extensive knowledge and experience in the field, I genuinely don’t mind stepping up to the plate to help others make responsible decisions.
If you are playing with the idea of investing your hard-earned money on a power station, you better be prepared for a rough ride. Unfortunately, no two power tower machines are the same. So, it becomes easy to shell out top dollars for an inferior product.
My experience and extensive knowledge can help over here because I can see things beyond the surface. So, let’s talk about the best power towers on the market today.
Overview of The Best Power Towers with Pull Up Dip Station
A power tower is useful indoor or outdoor fitness equipment for bodyweight workouts for those who don’t know. It’s the perfect tool to hit multiple muscle groups for a full-blown home workout. Structurally, it carries a strong frame to help one perform a host of compound exercises to augment physical strength, muscular endurance, and functional movement. The primary focus is the development of the upper body and the core (abdominal) muscles.
Typically, a power tower includes sidebars with dip handles along with an overhead bar, allowing a person to perform a variety of back, core, arms, and shoulder exercises, among other muscles. As one gains strength, one can increase the difficulty level by attaching more weights to the body. This is done by holding a dumbbell between the legs or by wearing a belt with weights attached to it. With that said, let’s press on with the best power tower reviews.
So, before we begin, kudos on choosing the right lifestyle. The fact that you are reading this post gives out a clear message that your health will only get better with every passing day. This might just be the stepping stone, but the future holds good things for people who take care of their health. With that said, let’s evaluate if you really need to get this equipment or not through these power tower reviews.
Top Rated Pull Up Dip Stations
1. XMark VKR Vertical Knee Raise with Dip and Pull-up Station Power Tower XM-7617 ( BEST )
This multi-function pull-up dip station can meet your needs for a home gym. Recommended by many industry experts, it’s an ace product in its class. It features an 11-gauge steel frame and powder-coated finish for longevity. Also, the mainframe is angled to stabilize any movement and handle up to 600 pounds of user weight. Furthermore, the machine offers the options to do dips, pull-ups, chin-ups, leg raises, and a host of other exercises with different grips to blast one’s upper body. Let’s get to the pros and cons of this bad boy.
- Structure-wise, it’s as solid as a sturdy pick-up truck. Even if the package is subjected to a lot of beating, the equipment will stay unharmed. Of course, it will not survive an earthquake, but it won’t budge against a great deal of human force and movement. Furthermore, its designed and engineered for ease of use and safety.
- Also, the dip bars are spaced around 21 inches apart from each other to accommodate most users. Better yet, the back pad and the armrests of this machine are thick and well-placed. Moreover, all the handles carry rubbers for safe usage, and the cushion on this equipment is tear-resistant for the most part. Not to forget that multiple handle grips help with different hand positioning to do various exercises. Everything combined, one can expect a good workout for the entire upper body.
- The machine doesn’t arrive with the necessary apparatus to bolt it to the floor. That being said, the equipment has a heavy and sturdy body, so there is no need to fix it on the floor. But, if one chooses a different route, one will have to figure out a way for drilling or fabricating to anchor the unit to the floor. Also, plan on having two people when the unit arrives.
- Moreover, be ready to spare about an hour or two for the installation process. If you can follow written instructions, you will do well here. Once assembled, it will take a fair amount of space. So, be prepared for that as well. These aren’t really deal-breaking flaws but were penned down to keep your expectations about the product real.
This is easily one of the strongest and best pull-up dip stations out there on the market today. Truthfully speaking, it’s a serious and well-designed piece of gear with gym-quality written all over it. Given the quality and solid built, you can pass this fitness equipment from one generation to another. The price of this commercial-grade pull-up dip station is reasonable, too, but on the higher side of the spectrum. But, as they say, “Buy quality stuff, and cry only once.”
2. Fitness Reality X Class High Capacity ( Highest Capacity )
If you are still reading this post, you might be looking for a high-capacity power tower. With a 400-pound weight capacity, the Fitness Reality X Class might suit your needs. It’s sturdy equipment that allows one to perform a wide variety of workouts using body weights. Plus, the tower has plenty of height and stability to satisfy the quest of most users.
- Even if you were to train too aggressively, the equipment would stay calm at its place. With our testing, we have noticed that it appears it can take a lot of beatings and still show no signs of wear and tear for several months and beyond, much more than its fellow competitors. So, it’s not one of those pieces of equipment that can barely survive the shipping process. Even when the showroom shine fades away over a period of time, the structure by itself stays rock-solid. Also, there is no need to fasten this pull-up dip station to the floor. It sits well on the floor without rocking during use.
- Assembling this beauty is a straightforward process. It comes with clear instructions and hardware for proper setup. Also, the padding on the armrests and the back is plush enough for comfortable support. Moreover, the back pads can be moved up and down at per user’s convenience for better back support. There are three evenly placed bolts to support this movement.
Word of Advice:
Do not tighten everything in place till you are completely done with the assembly. You can then go back and tighten all the hardware. Also, make sure to assemble the unit near the area where you plan to use it not to feel the need to move a heavy object from one room to another. If you are a bit late in reading this advice, take help in moving the equipment to the final destination. If not, be ready to have a moment of silence for your poor back.
- With the darker color, it scratches a bit easier. If you are not careful during the installation process, expect some scratches on the product at some places. This won’t affect its functionality, but it could ruin the new look. Other than these minor hiccups, this pull-up dip station won’t give you any reasons to steer away from it.
You won’t see too many high-end models priced like this one. From the price and functional standpoint, it’s is built to impress—end of the story. The fitness reality x pull-up dip station has too many convincing advantages to drop our hard-earned money on it. Don’t worry; you won’t regret your purchase decision. You will be able to use it nonstop for 365 days a year, and the product will never cease to please you.
3. Body Champ VKR1010 Pull up Tower ( Most Affordable )
Now we’re talking about a power tower that won’t hurt your budget. The Body Champ VKR1010 features 4-Stations to help you with your fitness goals — Pull up tower station, Pull up dip station, vertical knee raise, and lower push-up bars. All of this is packed into a small footprint to fit into your home gym effortlessly. Suited both for beginners and advanced folks out there, it has everything in place to keep your training on the course from the comforts of your home. Let’s get to the good and the bad stuff to know the product better.
- The company behind the product, Body Champ, has been around for decades. Body-Champ is well-known in the industry for its high-end fitness equipment. The Body Champ VKR1010 is one such prime example. The Body Champ VKR1010 power tower has a minimalistic design to it, but that doesn’t take away the fact that the machine can get you strong and ripped from your home. The combination of pullup and dip station can work every muscle in your body.
- The comfortable pads and grips prevent undesirable stress on the body parts that come in contact with the machine. They also make it easy to take your training to the next level. Even if you are 300 pounds or something, the machine won’t sway during use. Its well-built steel construction keeps it on its feet at all times. Given the low cost, you won’t find any workmanship deficiency in the product. Having this power tower at home will leave you with no excuses for not busting your butt.
- The directions on this power tower are not the best. However, it won’t take too long for you to figure everything out since it comes with all the necessary hardware for installation. Also, you can perform far too many exercises, which are not included on the instruction sheet. Another thing worth mentioning over here is that the tower might rock a little bit on the carpet, but this is to be expected. The machine itself is solid and sturdy. On an even surface, it doesn’t move one bit!
This is one of the best budget-friendly power towers out there. Well, you don’t have to take my word for it. Upon second opinions, you will find a host of trainers and lifting enthusiasts backing this product. For the price, it’s well-built with quality parts. With that said, it may not be the best muscle builder in the town, but it offers great value for the money you pay for it. It’s as solid as the ones you find in health clubs, and it costs a heck of a lot less.
4. Weider Power Tower Review ( Most Popular & Best Looking )
The Weider Power Tower is the perfect fitness equipment for a home workout on a budget. It can do most of the things that you would expect from a high-end machine like this one. So, it’s not only a space saver but also a huge money-saver. It comes with all the tools for assembly, and the instructions are well-written and easy to read. It’s clearly made for beginners as well as advanced folks. Will it fits your needs too? Let’s get to know the product in detail through the pros and cons listed below:
- Given the low price, you would think that the makers might have taken the liberty of fooling around with customers by shipping a low-end product. So, the risk might not pay off. But, there is an interesting twist in the tale. Believe it or not, even individuals on the heavier side will feel safe and supported while training on this machine. So, the product won’t make you feel that you laid your hands on a garage-abandoned tool with limited days left on the planet. In a nutshell, the tower is relatively solid and stable for its price-point. It’s clearly bigger and stronger than most expectations.
- Even if you are a gym regular, you can expect some benefits from this tool because it enables you to perform a variety of exercises. So, one can efficiently work some previously unused muscles. It’s rated for 300lbs, so it should work for the majority of us out there. It’s easily the most economical competition to a host of other power towers out there. If you skip some visits to a burger joint, you will be able to save enough for this useful fitness equipment that can help you burn calories and build those big guns for several years to come.
- The pads aren’t the best in terms of expected longevity and comfort. But, this isn’t a deal-breaking flaw. Also, it’s a humongous package. Therefore, be prepared for its arrival with another set of helping hands so that you don’t make a fool out of yourself. That being said, it’s effortless to assemble this pull-up tower. Although there are quite a few pieces to put together, you won’t really need a rocket-scientist degree to get it to the ground. Another thing worth mentioning over here is that this tower is not of commercial quality, but it’s good for home use.
This pullup and dip station combo power tower is a must-have product for your home or garage for its price. You can work all your muscles with this stationary fitness equipment without pleading to the banks for a personal loan. It costs a fraction of what other power towers are priced at. It may not be a front yard attraction, but it’s a handy fitness tool that can get the intended job done. It will surely surpass most hopes for the price paid as long as one doesn’t have sky-high expectations.
5. Gold’s Gym XR 10.9 ( Best Bang for the Buck )
Whether you are a hardcore regular or a casual workout warrior, this tower does a phenomenal job of bringing the convenience of working out right into the four walls of your house without costing you an arm and a leg. It features multiple workstations to offer a robust training session. You can push, pull, lift, and do a variety of other body exercises to train the body in accordance with the results you desire.
- The multi-grip pull-up station doesn’t disappoint. It does a good job of providing wide, narrow, and side-to-side grips to maximize one’s workout output. Moreover, the unit stays stable during pull-ups, chin-ups, and dips. Furthermore, this workout apparatus is well-designed to maintain your form and focus on the exercise at hand. So, the overall quality is pretty excellent for its price-point. Assembling is also easy as long as you don’t mind reading boring product manuals. Once assembled, it leaves a small footprint.
- The back-rest pad isn’t the best. It will probably be one of the first things to show wear and tear on this product.
The company’s motto goes well with this product. “The tool you need, the body you want.” With serious dedication, one can actually get real results with this all-in-one fitness equipment. Of course, you can certainly get better power towers in the gym, but not for the price-point of this product. As far as this equipment goes, you definitely get more than what you pay for it!
6. Stamina | X Fortress
To build a high-quality home gym, the X Fortress Power Tower is an absolute must. This pull-up bar dip station gives you the ability to work your entire upper body. You can target your chest, biceps, shoulder, triceps, and core to define them like never before. It’s the ideal solution to use your own bodyweight to build muscles, and of course, strength and endurance. As such, the equipment features a solid steel construction to impress users with its longevity. Also, it comes with a lot of goodies, such as the ab straps, stronghold grips, and the Boulder Fit rock climbing handholds.
- In a small footprint, you can do a heck lot of workouts with this equipment. It has comfortable paddings at all the right places to help one perform all kinds of workouts without throwing an arm and a leg. Better yet, it doesn’t budge from its place. Simply put, this piece has quality written all over it. Thus far, the tower has received truckloads of positive reviews for its functionality, durability, and usefulness. Given the quality, it seems that the product has forgotten how to age. It shows no visible signs of wear and tears even after countless hours of use. It’s clear that the makers have spent no expense on building a power tower of such quality.
- Technically, the equipment can hold up to 250 pounds, but it’s better to go for something else if you weigh anything more than 225. Although the product is built to last, heavier guys are better off with one that’s built to accommodate a higher capacity.
- Also, this option may not be for everyone out there due to its cost. As such, the price may seem high, but it’s still one-fourth of what one would pay for a high-end treadmill.
For a highly versatile, good-looking, and high-quality piece of equipment, you can’t go wrong with the X Fortress Power Tower. For a strength-based home workout routine, it doesn’t get any much better than this commercial-grade piece. It’s built to handle the toughest and the most intense bodyweight training workout out there. You can literally work as hard as you want nonstop daily and never have to worry about a thing. It’s designed to provide numerous workouts in a small amount of space. So, it’s clearly the complete package for your home workout needs.
7. Ainfox Power Tower
This Ainfox Power Tower is a piece of versatile equipment that’s suitable for people of all ages and skillsets. It gets the job done on a budget. It features an oblate reinforced steel frame and slip-resistant handle grips in addition to nice foot positions for a robust strength workout. Also, its solid construction gives one peace of mind for an intense workout. Before you lock your mind on this power tower, let’s discuss the pros and cons of this product.
- The Ainfox Power Tower features push-up, pull-up, and a dip station to improve the strength of the entire upper body. The fact that it can support 550 lbs of body weight gives out a loud message that it can take a lot of abuse. Reviews from most of the past customers state the same. Also, the elbow pads are extremely easy to clean. As such, it’s a piece of no-maintenance equipment for the most part. Despite the low cost, it has a professional look to it. It fits the bill for home as well as office gym.
- Once you pull out all the parts and bolts for assembly, they will easily dominate a small room. Even though the instructions are easy to read and follow, novice guys will need at least an hour and a half to get this bad boy set up and action-ready.
On the whole, it can get you in shape without an overdue notice from your bank. With consistent efforts, you should be able to reach your fitness goals in no time. After all, the equipment packs up a lot of versatility with a small footprint. For its price, it’s loaded with great features. Plus, it’s durable enough to help you build serious muscles for several years and beyond. So, whenever you are ready to get serious about your workout, go ahead and pull the trigger on this affordable piece of exercise equipment.
What’s your Reason to Buy a Power Tower?
A power station apparatus is best fitted for individuals who fall under one or all of the below categories to set the records straight.
- It’s best suited for those who need functional training at home without having to pay for hefty gym membership fees. Depending on your workout goal, a whole lot of muscles can be emphasized during training without taking extra time for a gym workout.
- It’s a piece of multi-faceted fitness equipment. Therefore, it’s perfect for beginners who are keen on doing various doable exercises from home and those who prefer bodyweight workouts.
- It’s ideal for those who have outgrown their home workout routines such as push-ups, crunches, etc. It can offer a much superior workout. In other words, it can be bought to add additional exercises to one’s home workout routine.
- It’s also for those guys who are not too interested in packing on huge muscles for show-off or any other reason and are fine with a strong and lean body structure.
- It’s the home solution for a tapered V-shape back– my personal dream. If you can relate to this dream, it can help you get there.
- If gaining muscle and losing fat is your agenda, you can expect a comprehensive workout by performing a host of compound movements on the power tower to gain muscle and also lose fat in the process.
- Finally, it’s also a perfect fit for those who don’t want to devote too much real estate space for a fitness equipment and still want to stay in shape 365 days a year.
Pull Up Dip Station/Power Towers – Buyers Guide
Have you been able to pin down your choice yet? Given the fact that new products show up on the market quite frequently, the pointers below will help you keep your purchase budget-friendly and top-quality at all times. Keep in mind, though, you’re only as strong as your hand grip. Be sure to read our review of some of the best hand grip strengtheners on the market for a little extra development to your overall workout efficiency.
1. Pin down your Expectations
Don’t get caught up with the flashy ads and bikini models. Only purchase if it fits your fitness goals and your wallet. Therefore, pay heed to the features that you need the most to get the best bangs for your power tower bucks. So, instead of focusing on something flashy, go for something that has all the essential features to suit your needs.
Of course, don’t go overboard on your expenses. You don’t have to secretly pawn your wife’s jewelry or your girlfriend’s Valentine present to acquire a power tower. Also, keep in mind that it’s a one-time investment. So, if you need to keep some money aside every month to acquire a high-quality piece, don’t hesitate to do so. After all, you will reap the rewards of a one-time investment for years and years to come. If you just want to get by on the cheap and are only looking to do pull-ups and do not need a dip station, then check out our reviews on the best free-standing pull-up bars for the money!
3. Product Warranty
When deciding on which power towers to purchase, do check the warranty provided by the manufacturer. On a general level, expect a company to offer a product warranty of anywhere between 6 months to 3 years. Of course, the longer, the better it is for the users. As a practical tip: do ask the makers which parts and components are covered by the warranty. This might save you from a lot of trouble down the road.
You would hate to get a mountain of a power tower only to realize that you don’t have enough real estate space to accommodate the beast. It pays to read the product description to clearly understand the product dimensions to avoid usage and storage issues once the product arrives. You can also get something that can be wall-mounted to ensure that the product doesn’t dominate your entire room.
If you are just starting, you should be better off getting a machine to help you do all the exercises correctly. An assisted pull-up machine, or something that comes with a vertical knee raise station and straps/rubber bands, can throw the issue of bad form out of the window for the most part. So, it helps to choose a piece of equipment that goes well with one’s fitness level.
6. Weight Capacity
If you weigh 250 pounds, don’t get a machine that has a maximum weight-bearing capacity of 250 pounds. Ideally speaking, there should be a gap of at least 25 to 30 pounds over here. For instance, if you weigh 240 pounds, don’t buy a power tower that can support up to 250 pounds. You would need a machine that can bear at least 265 pounds or more. This is not something etched in stone or anything, but you should be better off following this practical suggestion.
Everything else will be a fail if the machine is not able to stand its ground. You will never have peace of mind while training on a machine that shakes or wobbles. Not to forget the fact that you also run the risk of injury. Therefore, don’t opt for a dirt-cheap machine. It may lack the stability that a solid base can offer. So, if you don’t want your training to be a dangerous affair, go for a heavier model with a solid base.
As you might expect, product maintenance is the key to the longevity of your machine. Therefore, get a machine that’s easy to maintain. At the end of the day, you don’t want to quit your full-time job to take care of fitness equipment. So, get something that you can easily maintain on your own. Frankly speaking, poorly maintained fitness equipment is an indicator of how seriously you take your training.
9. Multiple Workout Stations
The idea of purchasing a power tower is to get a thorough workout at the comforts of one’s home. To turn this idea into reality, one should seek a machine that effectively trains all body parts with multiple workout stations. This will not only add variety to the training but also prevent muscle imbalance. Remember, every time you neglect a body part, some other body part has to take extra stress to deal with the neglect.
10. High-Quality Materials
Although there are no moving parts, a power station includes various parts and components blended into one machine. As a smart consumer, you need to be sure that everything checks out well. The equipment should shine with high-quality features and materials blended into it, from the cushions, grips, and straps to the overall frame. It goes with saying, a durable buy will show little to no signs of wear and tear even with repeated use for several years and beyond.
Last Words on Power Towers
If you don’t do your research well in the prevailing scenario, you could be heading nowhere faster than a bullet train. Frankly speaking, the plateau of inferior products out there can easily soak up your time, money, and peace of mind. To crush this problem, I took the time and effort to put forward the best information possible. Hopefully, the above power tower reviews must have given you enough insight to make a confident buying decision without the usual elbow grease involved in the shopping process.
Did you find our home buyers guide for pull-up dip stations resourceful? Share this home buyers guide with your friends!